Increased Performance: A change in overall structure of the program to increase performance. Changes include, but are not limited to:
- Bitmaps optimized for faster redraw
- Database change for faster access, loading, reduced file sizes
- Restructuring to take advantage of Apple core performance increases including faster redraw times
- Faster redraw in Overview Window
- Faster execution of menu commands
QuickLook Previews: Support for Mac OS X Finder-level quick preview of drawings. Press the Space Bar to view the last saved state of the PowerCADD 9 file. Previews are created for legacy PowerCADD files when saved as PowerCADD 9.
Backwards Compatibility: Open all versions of PowerCADD 1 through 9 and PowerDraw 6.
Cosmetic Changes: Improved rendering of font sizes in various floating windows including Edit and Layer Windows. Larger tool palette icons.
Consistency of Interface: User interaction is consistent with all prior release versions of PowerDraw and PowerCADD (the big change here is, once again, there was no change).
Documentation: Include link to PDF version of documentation from within the application for easier support and user self help.
- Text Tools: Text is indexed for Spotlight Search in Mac OS X Snow Leopard
- Selection Filter: Updated for End Cap object attribute
- Magic Wand: Updated for End Cap object attribute
- Parallel Line: New option for multiple increments
- Parallel Offset: New option for multiple increments
- Eye Dropper: Updated for End Cap object attribute
- Rounded Rectangles: Rotating a rounded rectangle is still a rounded rectangle, previously became a polygon.
- New File Formats: Support to Open, Import, Place: EPSF, Postscript, Illustrator and numerous other raster and object level graphic formats.
- Read and Write for .dwg release 2010 formats.
- Improved DWG interface, default selection of area to be translated if user doesn’t select an area.
- Improved interface when saving files to reduce the number of dialogs if a drawing has only one layer.
- Improved reading of special characters, unicode symbols and stacked dimensions read correctly.
- Magnetic Windows: Turning this preference off now automatically demagnetizes all floating windows; previously they had to be manually torn apart after disabling this preference.
- Share Usage Statistics: Send statistics to Engineered Software on most-used features to assist in refining product development.
- Select Special: Updated for end cap attributes.
- Exit Group: By default exiting a nested group backs out one level at a time. Previously required creating a custom key command that included OPTION key to back out one level at a time.
- Live Area: Area and/or perimeter values inserted into the drawing are linked to the objects, values update on the fly as objects are resized or reshaped.
- Auto Alpha: Knock out any color from a bit image and make them transparent.
- Alpha Support: Support for alpha channels (transparency) when Open, Place, Importing bit images from other applications with transparent backgrounds.
- PDF To Objects: Convert Postscript-based graphics (EPSF, PDF, Postscript, Illustrator, etc.) to editable objects bezier curves) or editable text.
- High quality previews of all operations is now standard when moving objects.
- Rename Sheets: More direct method of renaming sheet setups.
- Guidelines: More direct method to delete individual guidelines, control click on a guideline to remove it.
- Drawing Setup, Dimensions:
- New setting to specify offset of dimension text from the dimension line.
- New setting to control display of leading zeros.
- End Caps: Ability to apply a line end cap as an object attribute (previously an application wide preference).
- General: Refined and simplified model for how the user interfaces with referenced drawings.
- Management: New Reference Status Window describing status of all references in a drawing.
- Masking: Ability to create a rectangular or polygon shaped mask of a referenced drawing, displaying only desired portion of the drawing.
- Edit masks to change view port or see entire drawing with real time, live preview in the main drawing window.
- Manipulating References: Referenced drawings behave just like any other PowerCADD object making it faster and easier to perform tasks such as scaling, moving, deleting, or rotating referenced drawings.
- Placing: Live preview of reference being placed, insertion point is placed dynamically with all other references automatically using the same reference point (see manipulating references for moving a reference).
- Resolving Paths to References:
- Master drawing always displays last saved state of a reference, even if the link to that reference is broken.
- Extremely robust search engine for finding links to references that have been moved or renamed. Breaking a link to a reference is so robust that deleting the file is typically required to break a reference.